As all patients are not necessarily appropriate for an educational institution, The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry reserves the right to discontinue or terminate treatment for any patient at the dental clinics in the following circumstances:
- Inaccurate or incomplete information regarding past and present medical history, hospitalizations, medications, dental treatment and any other matters pertaining to dental and general health.
- Refusal to follow prescribed comprehensive, emergency or incremental treatment.
- Inconsiderate, lewd, and/or disrespectful behavior toward other patients and dental school personnel including faculty, students or staff.
- Cancellation of, absenteeism from, lateness of 10 or more minutes which causes loss of the operatory, or failure to give 24-hour notice for three or more scheduled appointments.
- Inability to be available for the full 3-hour sessions.
Should a patient be inactivated due to the cancellation of or absenteeism from three or more scheduled appointments or due to failure to give 24-hour notice for missed appointments, that patient will be given one opportunity to request reassignment. The patient will be permitted only one failed appointment following reactivation. In the event the patient is inactivated a second time, for the same reason, readmission to the The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry clinics will occur only in the instance of extenuating circumstances following review by the Director of Clinics.