About the Alumni Association
The Kornberg School of Dentistry Alumni Association cultivates the ongoing relationship between alumni, students and the school. We strive to accomplish the following outcomes through our events, outreach and programs.
- Actively seek student representation, participation and input within the association from students in each of the four dental-school-year cohorts.
- Build a robust and engaged dental school community of alumni, students and faculty through events and programming.
- Facilitate networking and professional development opportunities, as well as the creation of mutually supportive relationships between alumni, students and the dental school community.
- Foster pride and an environment of mutual respect and understanding that encourages the exchange of information, ideas and opinions.
- Promote an environment in which all issues can be freely discussed and questioned for the betterment of the school and students’ lives.
- Recognize alumni contributions.
- Serve as a resource for students, their families and the school prior to matriculation and throughout their years at Temple.
Alumni Association Programs
The Alumni Association proudly supports initiatives that enhance the student experience while fostering camaraderie, community and a commitment to service. To this end, the association provides funding for the following programs and events and offers grants for student activities.
- The Haiti Outreach program sends attending dentists and dental students to Haiti every year to provide dental care for Haitian people who otherwise have very little access to oral healthcare.
- The Mentorship Program fosters academic success and promotes well-being by cultivating connections between students, faculty and alumni. Mentors provide encouragement, information and support for students. Become a mentor.
- The White Coat Ceremony is a rite of passage for dental students as they move into their third year of school. Students are welcomed, receive a personalized white coat and sign the Dentist’s Pledge.
Alumni Association Officers
- President: Rachel Bresler, DMD, DEN ’14
- President Elect: Ronald D. Silverman, DDS, DEN ’72
- Treasurer: Miriam Ting, DMD, DEN ’17
- Secretary: Eunice Wu, DMD, DEN ’13