Alumni Association Mission and Action Statements
- Promote a sense of pride and encourage the exchange of information, ideas and opinions among alumni and dental students while fostering mutual respect and understanding, and facilitating networking and professional development opportunities for both alumni and students.
- Promote on-going, mutually supportive relationships between alumni and the dental school community, including the development of lifelong mentoring relationships, alumni networks, fundraising efforts and a philanthropic commitment to TUKSOD.
- Encourage all alumni and the TUKSOD faculty to participate actively in the TUKSOD community by engaging in programs and events organized by the Alumni Association and the school.
- Support the KSOD educational mission to “promote health” through education, research and service.
- Lead by example, professionally and ethically, feeling free to discuss and question all issues pertaining to the betterment of the students and the school.
- Recognize alumni contributions and promote interaction among alumni through programs that enrich their professional and personal lives.
- Encourage student representation from each of the four dental school years to attend and actively participate in Alumni Association Board meetings with a goal of improving the student experience at TUKSOD.
- Act as a resource for students, their families and the school prior to matriculation and throughout their years of study at TUKSOD.
Our next Alumni Association Meeting is September 9, 2019.
Join us for our next Alumni Association Meeting on Monday, September 9, 2019. All alumni interested in reconnecting with the school are more than welcome. To RSVP for the meeting on Sept 9, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-707-9005.
Support the Alumni Assocation
Donations help the Association provide funding for worthwhile student initiatives that enhance the students’ experiences and relationships, including:
- Freshmen BBQ, an opportunity for freshmen to meet other dental students and faculty outside of school
- The White Coat Ceremony, recognizing the important transition from student to doctor
- The Open Margin Golf Outing, a fun-filled event for student and alumni golfers & hackers
- A Mentoring Program, matching soon to be graduates with alumni to aid in the transition to our profession
- Haiti Outreach, providing dental care to underserved children and spreading Temple’s good name globally
- The Senior Banquet, celebrating our new graduates’ success
- Hospitality Suite for NERB and WREB examinations, so students can relax and enjoy a quick bite between patients
We need your support! Please consider making a gift to the Alumni Association today.
Together, with the dental school, we can make the future bright for upcoming Temple graduates.