Kornberg School of Dentistry alumni make an impact in their communities and around the world.
Dr. Bruce Terry
Kornberg School of Dentistry
Class of 1986
On the morning of May 23, 2019, Bruce reached the top of Mount Everest and became the first North American dentist to climb the seven summits—the highest peak on each continent. When he isn’t scaling summits or training for them in Valley Forge National Park, he is training the next generation of dentists as a clinical associate professor at Temple. Dr. Terry maintains an endodontics practice in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.
Every year, the Alumni Association recognizes outstanding alumni who are advancing the field of dentistry. Awards are given in the following categories.
- The Education award is for alumni making significant contributions to the field of dental education.
- The Entrepreneurship award is for alumni with exceptional initiative in the business of dentistry.
- The Humanitarian award is for alumni who go beyond the profession’s responsibilities to help improve the welfare of one’s community, state, country or world.
- The Leadership award is for alumni who are advancing dentistry on local, national or international levels through action, awareness building, research or policy development.
- The Service award is for alumni who are driven by charitable acts and volunteerism.