Kornberg occupies more than 117,000 square feet of teaching and research space in North Philadelphia. Within this space, students, faculty and staff have access to cafeterias, study areas, computer labs, financial and IT offices, lecture halls, a 40-seat seminar room. Kornberg also operates two satellite locations.
Top-tier Learning Facilities
At the leading-edge of dental education are Kornberg’s 6,000-square-foot preclinical lab with 150 workstations and a 4,000-square-foot student center that features a food court, training area and several breakout rooms. Class lectures are enhanced by the dental school’s six, fully-equipped smart classrooms with lecture recording capabilities.
State-of-the-art Dentistry Clinics
There are 293 dental operatories distributed across 16 clinics in the Kornberg building. Our clinics and services provide high-quality, personalized care at an affordable cost.
Among the clinics and centers housed at Kornberg are the following.
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) Clinic
- Adult Clinic
- Endodontic Clinic
- Faculty Dental Clinic
- Pediatric Clinic
- Periodontology and Oral Implantology Clinic
- Orthodontic Clinic
- Sedation Center
- Urgent and Emergency Care
Kornberg also operates the Temple Dental Clinic at KleinLife Senior Service Center in Northeast Philadelphia, where our staff treats a diverse community of senior citizens that includes more than 200 Holocaust survivors.
Renowned Laboratories and Research Centers
The groundbreaking research being conducted at the following seven laboratories and centers forms a vanguard of advancements in dental research and technology.
- Center for Public Health and Behavioral Sciences Research
- Craniofacial Biology Research Laboratory
- Laboratory for Oral Infectious Diseases
- Oral Microbiology Testing Service Laboratory
- Oral Microbiome Research Laboratory
- Regenerative Health Research Laboratory
- Smart Biomaterials Research Laboratory