As a school with a strong dedication to community, students at Kornberg have the opportunity to engage in a variety of service activities that enhance their work in the dental clinics. To put into practice the school’s commitment to inclusivity and service, Kornberg partners with a number local schools and community organizations to provide opportunities for student-dentists to build a lifelong enthusiasm for community outreach.
Some of the partnerships the Kornberg School of Dentistry has cultivated within the Philadelphia community and opportunities for giving back include
- partnering with daycare and Head Start centers in Philadelphia to provide oral health education to children, teachers and caregivers.
- providing free dental care once a year through the Mission of Mercy in Pennsylvania program.
- participating in the Enon Tabernacle Church’s annual health screening.
- providing educational resources, oral health screenings and prevention tips at Philadelphia-area Women, Infant and Children programs.
- attending community organization events in Philadelphia to provide oral health education.
- providing free dental care to children through the Give Kids A Smile clinic.
- engaging in community service during the MLK Week of Service.
- introducing underrepresented undergraduate and high school students to dentistry careers by hosting Impressions Day.
- collecting toys for local children during an annual holiday toy drive.
- providing oral healthcare for residents in senior care facilities, U.S. military veterans and Holocaust survivors.