- The Temple Dental Pass is a valuable alternative for patients with no dental insurance.
- The Dental Pass Discount Plan is not dental insurance.
- It is an optional program to help uninsured patients afford dental-care services.
- The plan only covers dental care provided at the Temple University Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry (TUKSoD).
- There are no waiting waiting periods or claims to file.
- The plan is not available to patients with dental insurance, including public-assistance dental benefits.
One annual prepayment fee of $99 provides the following annual services:
- Up to two examinations per year (one comprehensive examination and one periodic examination)
- Intraoral or panoramic X-rays required as a result of these examinations.
- Up to two dental cleanings per year (adult prophylaxis or child prophylaxis)
- Up to two fluoride applications per year (fluoride varnish or topical fluoride)
- 15 percent discount on many other services received at TUKSoD during the covered year
Limitations and Exclusions:
- The dental cleaning does not include periodontal treatment such as scaling and root planing.
- The plan does not include emergency exams and related X-rays.
The 15 percent discount does not apply to:
- 3-D X-ray imagining or any advanced X-rays.
- services provided in the Faculty Dental Practice, Orthodontics Clinic or Graduate Periodontology Clinic.
- There will be no full or partial refunds of the annual fee if you decide to cancel.
- The plan cannot be assigned or transferred.
- Services must be scheduled and provided during the annual Discount Plan period.
For a new patient appointment, call 215-707-2900.
For further information about the Dental Pass Program, call the Kornberg School of Dentistry Business Office at 215-707-2912.