The following are the AEGD Program Goals and Objectives:
To educate the resident to achieve proficiency in providing comprehensive interdisciplinary general dental care to a broad range of patients, including those with complex medical histories and other special needs.
- To educate the resident to enhance clinical abilities in the traditional disciplines of general dentistry.
- To educate the resident to be competent to coordinate a patient's emergent, comprehensive, and continuous oral health care.
- To educate the resident to improve clinical judgment in diagnosis, treatment planning and patient care.
- To broaden the resident's approach to treatment planning through optimal interaction with all health care professionals treating the patient.
- To educate the resident to be able to formulate a treatment plan that responds to the relevant medical, dental, and psychosocial needs of the patient.
- To provide comprehensive and emergent patient care that appropriately integrates specialty care through informed referral to dental specialists.
- To provide service to the community served by The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry and the TU Health Science Center.
- To educate the resident to gain knowledge and experience in dental practice management, in working with office staff, in quality assurance, and in dental jurisprudence, ethics, and risk management.