Temple Dental Sedation Review Course
Date: Saturday, March 9, 2019
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 2:30pm
Registration: 8:30 a.m.
Location: Dental Future Center, 401 Commerce Drive, Wisdom Auditorium, Fort Washington, PA 19034
Tuition: Dentist $245 DT $100
Credits: 5 (L)
This course will be a comprehensive review of topics essential to the understanding and practice of sedation in dentistry. Discussed will be various modalities of sedation and anesthetic delivery for dental care; pre-operative assessment and suitability for sedation in the dental office; sedation equipment, training, and staffing; patient safety; record keeping; and complications, management, and medical emergencies.
Upon course completion, you will:
- Understand the continuum of sedation and anesthesia.
- Know how to select cases for appropriate levels of sedation.
- Know what can be expected to be accomplished with sedation techniques.
- Have the preparation needed to perform safe sedation procedures.
- Have recognition and management of sedation related complications and avoidance.
- Understand Medical Emergency management
Dr. Stanley Heleniak
Dr. Stan Heleniak, a Dentist Anesthesiologist, is the Educational Director of the Temple Dental Sedation Center and Assistant Professor of OMPMS at Temple. He was previously at Penn Dental directing sedation for graduate programs of periodontics and pediatric dentistry. He is a graduate of Temple Dental and completed a residency in anesthesiology at Michael Reese Hospital in Chicago.
Dr. Stanley Heleniak: No relevant financial relationships to disclose.
CE Planning Committee: Members of the CE planning committee have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.