Admission Requirements and Deadlines
Application Deadline: October 15
One applicant is accepted each year. In the selection of an applicant, an admission committee of faculty members gives preference to academically-accomplished candidates.
Admission to the Graduate Specialty Program in OMS at Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry requires:
- Transcripts from a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the United States or in Canada.
- Transcripts from a DDS or DMD degree from an accredited dental school, according to the standards of the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
- Citizenship or permanent residence of the United States.
- Satisfactory score for the National Board of Medical Examiners Comprehensive Basic Science Examination.
- Applications to the OMS Certificate Program are submitted through the American Dental Education Association Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS). Note that only completed applications will be forwarded to Temple University for admission screening. To begin your application through pass, visit http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/pass/Applicants/Pages/BeginningtheADEAPASSApplicationProcess.aspx. For application instructions, go to https://portal.passweb.org/.
- All applicants must register with the National Matching Service. Applicants who are accepted into the Graduate OMS program will be rank-ordered, their names submitted to MATCH, and notification of their match with a program will occur on the date chosen by the National Matching Program. MATCH materials are available from:
National Matching Service, P.O. Box 1208, Lewiston, NY 14092-8208
Phone: (716) 282-4013 Fax: (716) 282-0611
- A separate Temple University application and application fee of $50 is required when applying to the Oral Maxillofacial Surgery program. CLICK HERE to submit the online application and application fee.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Current curriculum vitae or resume
The deadline for completed applications is October 15th of the year preceding the expected date of enrollment. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated.
Upon review of all completed applications, the OMS Program Admissions Committee will extend invitations for interviews to those applicants being seriously considered for acceptance. Interviewees are required to come to Temple University for a personal interview; however, granting of an interview appointment does not guarantee admission into the program.
The address for transcripts is:
Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry
Office of Graduate Education
3223 N. Broad Street, Office 350
Philadelphia, PA 19140
For further application instructions, or, if you have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Graduate Education at: