Admission Requirements and Deadlines
Application Deadline: May 15 (Fall admission)
- Submit an Application: Applications are processed as they are completed. Late applications may be considered for admission.
- Applicants not affiliated with one of the Kornberg School of Dentistry's advanced training certificate programs APPLY ONLINE to this graduate program. Supporting documentation is submitted to the Kornberg School of Dentistry's Office of Graduate Education.
- Applicants either accepted into or applying for one of the advanced training certificate programs at the Kornberg School of Dentistry may submit application documents in conjunction with the PASS application for their certificate program. Information regarding advanced training certificate programs at the Kornberg School of Dentistry can be obtained HERE.
- 3 Letters of Reference: Letters of recommendation should be obtained from faculty members from dental school or highest degree attained, familiar with the applicant's academic background and potential for graduate-level study.
- Degree Required for Admission Consideration: Applicants to the Oral Health Sciences graduate program must hold a D.D.S., D.M.D., or B.D.S. or a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
- Statement of Goals: In approximately 500 to 1,000 words, address:
- Academic and research achievements to date
- Overall career goals
- Specific interest in Temple University's Oral Health Sciences graduate program
- Area and/or topic of proposed research interests
- Standardized Test Scores: Applicants who earned their baccalaureate degree from an institution where the language of instruction was other than English, with the exception of those who subsequently earned a master’s degree at a U.S. institution, must report scores for a standardized test of English that meet these minimums:
- TOEFL iBT: 100
- IELTS Academic: 7.0
- PTE Academic: 68
- Resume: Current resume required.